You are hereBlume Center Policies / Network Registration for your desk computer
Network Registration for your desk computer
*Please forward this information to Ed Jones at email@example.com.*
The following information is needed to give you access to the Stanford network.
- Your email address/SUNet ID:
(SUNet ID required. See http://sunetid.stanford.edu/ if you need one.)
- Location (Building & Room Number where computer is or your primary work area):
- Is this a laptop computer or other wireless device?:
- Do you live on campus?:
(If you have a laptop/smart phone and live on campus, see your Rescomp support person to register it for the network. http://rescomp.stanford.edu)
- Type and model of computer (i.e. Apple MacBook, Dell Dimension):
- Operating system (Windows 7/ MacOS X):
- Hardware address of wireless card (required if wanting to use wireless network)*:
PCs call the address "Physical Address"; the Mac "Airport ID".
- Hardware (MAC/Ethernet/Wi-Fi) address of network/LAN card*:
PCs call the address "Physical Address"; the Mac "Ethernet ID".
*The MAC/Ethernet address is the unique id of your network card/adapter.
- On a Windows computer, run CMD and open the terminal window, then enter: ipconfig /all
- There is listed a Physical Address, a 12 digit hexadecimal number, for the ethernet LAN card and wireless card (if installed).
- Instructions for finding the hardware address for specific operating systems can be found on this ResComp webpage: