You are hereBlume Center Policies / Security
Though Stanford University is basically a very safe place, there are incidences of theft and other crimes on campus.
- Keep your office door locked when there is no one in the office, particularly at night or on weekends.
- Take notice of any open windows on the first floor (particularly the classroom) when leaving at night.
- Immediately call 3-2281 to report any unlocked outside doors after hours or on weekends.
- Immediately report any thefts or public safety issues by calling 9-911 (from campus phones) or 911 from your cell phone.
- If you see someone suspicious in the building, please politely ask them who they are looking for, often that is enough to deter a would-be thief; however, if you feel that there may be danger, please call campus police immediately.