You are hereBlume Center Policies / Purchasing and Expense Reimbursements
Purchasing and Expense Reimbursements
All purchases MUST be pre-approved by your advisor. You are responsible for adhering to Stanford policies regarding purchasing and travel and providing the Administrative Associate with the correct documentation and account number. All reimbursements must be submitted within 10 days of the end of travel or incurring the expense, if your reimbursement is not received and processed within 90 days you will be taxed on it, so please get them in as soon as possible.
BEFORE YOU BOOK YOUR TRAVEL:
- Please use Stanford's Orbitz for Business for booking your flight and hotel.
- If you do not use Orbiz for Business to book then you MUST show proof of lowest airfare by providing a screenshot of the available airfares at the time of booking.
- If you are extending your trip for personal travel, you must also show proof of the difference in airfare for your travel vs. if you didn't have personal travel. If the airfare without the personal travel is lower you will not be reimbursed for that portion of the airfare.
- The same rules apply for hotels.
You MUST have all the following, if applicable, before filling out the form:
- [ALL EXPENSES] A valid account number (PTA), i.e. 1111111-1-AAAAA. If you do not know the account number please ask your Advisor.
- [ALL EXPENSES] A signed certification statement from your faculty advisor (https://blume.stanford.edu/sites/default/files/travel/student_certificat...). The only exceptions for this are expenses for the Blume Center (i.e. happy hours, etc.);
- [TRAVEL EXPENSES] A photocopy of the conference program indicating traveler is a speaker or presenter, if applicable;
- [ALL] Receipts showing method of payment (misc. items, i.e. tolls, under $75 do not require a receipt); reservation confirmations are not acceptable because they do not show the method of payment.