Please use the copier for all large (over 5 page) printing projects and always print double-sided. You need to be connected to the eduroam WiFi network in order to use the copier.
Install driver from the Canon site:
- Mac driver is included in your OS or you may not need driver
- In order to put in authentication on Linux you will need to enter the commands on page 71 of the manual.
Setup information for:
- Unzip file and open [Setup.exe]
- Printer Setup - select Standard; Next;
- Select Process - Add New Printer; Next;
- IPv4Devices - iR-ADV C5 (IP Address 126.96.36.199)
- After installing, go to [Printers & Scanners] on your control panel;
- Click on [IR-ADV C5535] and click on [Manage];
- Select [Printing Preferences];
- Under Output Method:
- Select [Hold];
- Click on Details - Select [Enter Name] and enter your name (please use your full name, no nicknames);
- Change "1-Sided Print" to "2-Sided Print"
- Under Color Mode: Select "Black and White";
- Right click on printer driver, click on [Printer Properties];
- Click on [Device Settings] tab;
- Under User Management, pull down menu to [User Authentication]; click on [Settings];
- If User Name is not your SUNet ID, exit back to [Device Settings]; Click [Settings] next to Set User Information;
- Change User Name to your SUNet ID.
- Check [Allow Password Settings], enter Password (six-digit code);
- Uncheck [Confirm Authentication Information When Printing];
- Check Perform Authentication at Device;
- Click [Okay];
- Go back to [Printer Properties] and print a test page.
Add the printer via System Preferences > Printers & Scanners
- Click the plus button in the lower left corner to add a printer.
- Click the round icon in the middle top of the “Add Printer Window” to add via IP address.
- Enter the IP address (188.8.131.52). Under “Name”, type a new name for the printer if desired. Under “Use”, click, “Select Software” and then select the correct printer driver from the list. (Canon iR-ADV C5553/5540). Click add. If added correctly, you should see this.
- Open a document you want to print.
- In print dialog > Special Features
- Under “Job Processing” select “Hold”.
- Under “User Management” select “User Authentication”.
- Click “Settings”
- Make sure your “User Name” is your SUNet ID and “Password” is the 6 digit number provided by Racquel.
- Uncheck the box at the bottom that says: “Confirm Authentication When Printing”.
- Make sure that Options are set to Black & White only and that Print 2-Sided is selected.
- Save your presets.